Thursday 14 November 2013

777 challenge- a week of 7 speed foods and 7 glasses of water (supposed to be 7 syns too, but meh!)

This is a challenge that I stumbled across on my beloved minimins.com.
The purpose of it is to speed up, or increase your weight loss in any one week. You cut your syns down to 7, drink 7 glasses of water and make sure to eat 7 speed foods.
Speed foods are highlighted by SW in the book as being low in density. Now I do not know what this means, but they supposedly speed your weightloss.

I am going to try and loosely follow this for a week, my main concern being to ensure I have 7 speed foods each day and highlighting them in my diary below:-

Day 1- 14/11/13


Breakfast:- (running late) had a banana and a cup of tea when I arrived at work (1/2 syn for the milk [red milk I might add])
Snack:- mango, kiwi, pineapple and blueberries
Lunch:- lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, boiled egg, boiled potatoes, salad cream (2 syns), mug shot (1 syn)
Snack:- edamame beans, clementines, apples
Dinner:- Quorn burger (1 syn) with 3 extra light laughing cow triangles (1/2 HeA) and mushrooms in wrap (HeB). Served with tomatoes and M&S Moroccan spiced butternut squash and couscous salad (including in very small quantities:- peppers, onion, spinach, chickpeas, raisins, pomegranate, dried apricots). DELICIOUS and only 7 syns (according to Slimming World calculator online).

Quorn burger and cheese wrap with M&S Moroccan spiced butternut squash and couscous salad.
Drinks:- 1 cup of tea, 6 pints of water, 300ml pepsi max
Syns:- 11.5

Day 2- 15/11/13


Breakfast:- HeB wrap with 2 quorn sausages (2 syns) and ketchup (1 syn)
Snack:- 2 clementines
Lunch:- M&S King prawn, tomato and basil salad with spinach (I'm only counting 7 of the 13 syns as I ate half.) 2 kiwi's
Snack:- banana, 2 tiny apples
Dinner:- SW quiche- cottage cheese, potato, eggs, peppers, onion, courgette, mushrooms and sweetcorn with rocket and tomatoes

Slimming World "Quiche" made with cottage cheese and eggs


Drinks:- 3 pints of water, 1 cup of tea (1/2 syn milk), 300ml pepsi max
Syns:- 10.5 that I can count
I then drank copious amounts of vodka and stuffed my face with a handful of biscuits and 2 bags of funsize Haribo starmix.

I'm going to draw a line under it and move on
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 3- 16/11/13


Breakfast:- banana, 2 clementines, 2 cups of tea (1 syn)
Lunch:- SW quiche-  cottage cheese, potato, eggs, peppers, onion, courgette, mushrooms and sweetcorn with baked beans
Snacks:- toffee mullerlight, edamame beans
LATE NIGHT:- finished off the quiche and baked beans with wrap and soft cheese (HeA & B)


Drinks:- 2 cups of tea, 1 pint of water. VODKAAAAA
Syns:- 30?


Day 4- 17/11/13


Breakfast:- banana, clementine
Lunch:- mushroom arancini, roast potatoes, parsnips, carrots, broccoli, cabbage, spinach, mushrooms
Snack:- shape yogurt
Dinner:- Chinese "fakeaway"- veg stir-fry with peppers, cabbage, onion, prawns, squid, mussels, chow mein sauce (2 syns) and noodles
More food:- lettuce, tomatoes, onion, peppers, pickled onions, feta cheese (HeB), Quorn burger (1syn)

Drinks:- pint of diet coke, pint of water (I think thats everything?!- not cool man!!)
Syns:- 7


Day 5- 18/11/13


Breakfast:- 2 weetabix and milk (HeA and B)
Snack:- banana and pear
Lunch:- SW Speed Soup- onions, leeks, baked beans, passata, lentils, mixed beans, carrots, parsnips AND salad- lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, peppers
Snack:- clementine, mullerlight
Dinner:- 2 quorn sausages (2 syns), fried egg (fry-light) and SW chips (no superfree but it's going right through me- I need some stodge!) ketchup (2 syns)
Snack:- sour-cream and cracked black pepper Sunbites (6 syns), chocolate Geo bar (6 syns)

Diet? - What diet?


Drinks:- 4 pints of water, 1 cup of tea
Syns:- 16- oops!

Day 6- 19/11/13

Breakfast:- 2 weetabix and milk (HeA and B), banana
Snack:- pineapple, kiwi, mango and blueberries
Lunch:- SW Speed Soup- onions, leeks, baked beans, passata, lentils, mixed beans, carrots, parsnips with SW chips
Speed Soup and SW Chips
Snack:- pear, apple and shape yogurt
Dinner:- veg stir-fry with peppers, cabbage, onion, prawns, squid, mussels, chow mein sauce (2 syns) and noodles

Drinks:- 5 pints of water, 2 cups of tea




Update 25/11/13: 
This challenge didn't end well. On the evening of the 6th day I went out and got hammered. I came home and stole a piece of my housemates Domino's pizza.
I put on half a pound.
I drank 3 times this week. I had the biscuit and haribo incident and the slice of pizza incident.
Maybe I'll try again another day.
I did like how I easily managed 7 or more speed foods each and every day 


UPDATE 24/4/14:
I've never actually let you guys know that I actually lost 2.5lbs the week after the 777 challenge- my biggest weekly loss to date. Thinking of trying another speedy week soon
 

No comments:

Post a Comment