Thursday 14 November 2013

What is a pound?

We keep talking pounds and stone.
Great Britain and Ireland are (apparently) the only places to still use stone, and for those who don't know 14lbs makes one stone.

Anyway- what does this pound look like?

I don't know.

But this is what 2lbs looks like:-


My hand next to a 2lb lump

This is a lump of I do-not-know-what that the consultant brings to group each week. It represents 2lbs of fat. Now 5 weeks in I know that most of the 7lbs that I have lost will be water and other gunk, but to see and hold and feel this piece of yuckyness sort of helps to put things into perspective.

For those who do not have a makeshift lump of fat to hand, some other things that weigh 2lbs are:-

A puppy
A malayan flying fox
A normal loaf of supermarket bread plus a few more slices of the second loaf
A pineapple

No comments:

Post a Comment